- People who don’t grow up with close family or friends may lose the ability to relate to others. They don’t know how to communicate or connect.
- They are less likely to develop emotional and social resilience.
- Although we know about shy children or adults or those with social difficulties, many people are losing the art of saying what they think, feel and want without alienating, stressing or abusing others.
- Many hide their emotional and social difficulties behind a mask of arrogance, blame, bullying, abuse, drugs or alcohol.
- The result is that at school, home or the workplace- poor social communication skills are handicapping people’s interactions with others.