Others: Parents and Peers
- Feel powerless when they are unable to protect their children.
- It can remind them of their own school difficulties or other difficulties eg shyness.
- Parents become very angry when schools don't deal with it immediately or can't do enough.
- It can be a very traumatic experience for parents.
- Become threatened if their parenting patterns are challenged, especially if their child is a bully.
- Don't always want to be referred for psychological counselling. They don’t realise that around 4-6 sessions can create a happy child who won’t bully or be bullied!
- Feel bad and guilty because they don't know what to do.
- Fear that they will become the next target.
- Torn between their friends.
- Realise that the target may exacerbate the situation but can't tell them or know the target wont listen to their feedback.
- Can't confront the bullies.
- Don't want to be involved.
- Can become a secondary victim or affected by poor class morale.